Thursday, May 6, 2010

Happy Mother's Day Baking Project

I'm sure many of you are familiar with wafer paper transfers...but I wanted to post anyway because it was my first time working with them. So yesterday I baked off my shortbread rectangles and made a whollop of frosting from scratch. I didn't really know what to expect from the transfers but to be honest I was a bit scared to try them. I wasn't thrilled with how they looked as soon as I adhered them to the cookies....they seemed unfinished and kind of messy looking but I let them dry over night as suggested. Well the good news is by this morning they had transformed magically! The buttercream really melded them nicely and the colors even seemed to pop more!
So I packaged them up really simple and sent hubby with a cooler full of cookies to all of the Mom's on his side of the family today.
 I hope all of you Mom's have a wonderful Mother's day this weekend! May your families spoil you rotten and do the dishes for you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They turned out beautifully! What lucky moms in your family!
Count me impressed.

The Fancy Lady said...

they look amazing ive never used butter cream with them i should try that since the corn syrup on hard royal icing is a sticky mess of no fun lol

icandy... said...

everything is so adorable!!!
i could stare at your blog for hours!!
ox
christina

My Life Under the Bus said...

They look great ! What a sweet idea. : )