Post Halloween Quiche - fresh from the Wicked Witch of the West Coast's oven!, a photo by Pinks & Needles (used to be Gigi & Big Red) on Flickr.
Really Easy and so delicious! I made up this recipe and want to share : )
1 Pilsbury pie crust (room temp)
1 c milk
1 dollop of sour cream
2 c fresh broccoli chopped pretty small (do not use frozen)
1/2 c + 1 more cup finely shredded cheese (I used Monterey Jack/Colby mix)
1/2 small yellow onion minced
1 clove pressed garlic
salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. press your pie crust into a pie pan and poke a few holes in it with a fork.
2. sprinkle 1/2 c cheese into bottom of pie crust and put in oven for a few mins to melt the cheese while the oven is preheating. This step creates a barrier so your crust doesn't get soggy. Take it out of the oven and set a side once cheese is melted.
3. Saute onion, garlic and broccoli until almost soft. Spread evenly in pie shell.
4. Mix eggs, sour cream and milk until well blended. Pour over broccoli mixture.
5. Sprinkle remaining 1 c. of cheese on top and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Bake for 30 mins or until middle of quiche doesn't wiggle : )
7. Let rest for about 10 mins before cutting into slices.
8. Enjoy with your favorite fresh fruit and homemade muffins!