Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vintage Inspired Sewing Machine Pin Topper

 Available for pre-order!

 
Welcome to California!

 Swimming in Boxes!
I have been very bad about posting lately because we're in the middle of packing up our house here in Arizona and moving to California in less than 3 weeks! It's very exciting and yet stressful because of the short amount of time we have to get everything done!
I know this may sound crazy because a lot of you know I struggle with the heat here in AZ but believe it or not we're moving somewhere even hotter! That's the one part I"m not looking forward to at all - at least not in the Summer time : ( But alas we'll be back home in our HOME STATE and that much closer to our families!
We found a cute house close to Palm Springs! I was poking around on the internet to learn more about the hot springs around there. Come to find out back in the 1950's there were over 80 + spas and hotels (often referred to as "spa-tels" operating at the time! That's a lot! Apparently the Hollywood stars of that time would come to get a way from it all! There's a small town close built on one of the world's finest natural aquifers and has won multiple awards for the "Best Tasting Municipal Drinking Water" in competitions. I never knew there were such a thing as competitions for water tasting did you?
Anyway, I'm busy packing and cleaning and trying to get things done in a timely fashion. Unfortunately I'm doing most of this by myself as hubby is always gone on business.
As for Pinks & Needles news I am keeping my shop open during this time and am hoping I won't be too out of touch with flickr, Etsy, Artfire and email in general while I unpack and get settled. Let's hope for the best!
I have designed a new pin topper I am currently taking pre-orders for on Etsy. It's a vintage inspired sewing machine! I will be shipping them all out the second week of November to ensure a timely arrival before the holidays : ) The shop is currently stocked at the moment with a few new designs too! Come stop by and say hi!

Have a great Sunday everyone!
Gigi

1 comment:

My Life Under the Bus said...

OMG !!! I don't envy you - the last time we moved (4 years ago) I too did ALL the packing - it was hell !!! We had to move like the day after school ended it was pure madness. I wish you an easy transition !!!